Learn how to apply these principlesto specific actions, so that you can enjoy enhanced overall welling.
- 1Sleep regularly. Take power naps to rejuvenate during the day. Stop resisting the benefits of rest and allow the natural healing forces to take over when you go to sleep. Discover how much sleep your bodyneeds and ensure you get it daily.
- 2Be aware of your emotions. Appreciate and acknowledge your feelings and emotional state of being. Forgive yourself and others and do not carry a grudge. Iit’stoo heavy a burden to be carrying. Be understanding of your perceptions and accept the differences in yourself and others.
- 3Never worry. Your worst fearsmay often never materialise, so minimise the amount of time you spend worrying about them. You will never be confronted with a situation you are not capable of handling. Worry binds you to the pastand clouds your future. It’s time to forget the past and plan for the future. Live in the present and do the best you can with whatever life presents you. Use your mind for sensible creative planning.
- 4Laugh with your heart. Laughter is the song of the soul. Have inner happiness and let yourlaughter come bubbling out. Laughter starts the flow of the healing juices in your body. Laugh until you cry. Get a bang out of life, and infect others with your laughter. Laughter is the best outlet for pent-up feelings. Your laughter can heal you. Try laughing out loud today.
- 5Organise your timeand set time aside for regular planning and reflection. Daily or at the very least weekly sessions of appraisal and planning will be beneficial. Stop running around in circles. Decide what you are going to do, set aside time for it and do it. Use your time constructively. Ensure you set your goals and plan how you can achieve them.
- 6Let go of limiting habits and beliefs. Eliminate harmful habits. This means all of them: mental, emotional and physical. Be truly honest with yourself. Everyone knows how harmful smoking is and the dangers of so-called recreational drugs, or that the overuse of prescription drugs can have serious and sometimes permanent damaging consequences. Self-harm comes from the inside. The benefits of letting go will set you free.
- 7Eat well and sensibly. Learn about nutrition. Listen to your body and seek professional assistance whether it be from a dietitian, nutritionist, physician or health care professional. Most of the junk food we put in our stomachs is not fit to eat. Help your body maintain itself by discovering what foods suit you best, then provide that high quality nutrition in sensible quantities. The next time you take a bite of something, remember that in a certain sense, “you are what you eat”. Give your body the care and support it needs to function at the levels you desire.
- 8Exercise regularly. Your body is meant to be celebrated, so exercise and treat it with love and respect.You’ll feel better when you do. Your health depends upon it. Your life depends upon proper circulation. Exercise provides it. Your legs are for walking. So, stop resisting and use your legs for the purpose for which they were intended. Climb a mountain. Go swimming. Find a sport you like and play it. Get rid of your inner anxieties with some intensive physical activity. Lead a vigorous life. It's good for you. Vitality and strength will afford you wonderful thoughts and boundless energy.
- 9Love others. People are wonderful. Get to know them.Develop an affection for them. No one can live without love. We all have more love inside of us than we could ever use. When we love freelyit will come back 10-fold. Understanding, interest, compassion and empathy all produce good health. Talk to people, encourage them to do the same. Give yourself to them. Help them, and there will always be someone there to help you. Love is life in action. Love people. The more love you give the more you will receive.
- 10Learn to meditate. Meditation is affirmation. Meditation connects you with the source of life. Meditation is participation with the creative process. Meditation is the process of making ourselves bigger and better than we think we are. Meditation is renewal. Meditation stimulates the flow of life through us. Meditation brings our entire being into focus with the source of all life. Meditation transforms you by renewing your mind and your body. Meditation produces health. Find your own centre and celebrate your life.
When you work towardsenhancing your overall wellbeing you will be rewarded with the life you desire.